The Calm Before The Storm

I call this the Calm Before the Storm.  All these last few weeks lead up to tomorrow.  First of all, to find out more results from tests and scans and second of all to start "therapy".  I still have many questions that I hope will be addressed tomorrow.

Been getting phone calls and cards from thoughtful friends and family.  Thank you everyone.  I hope to start a sort of collage on my wall in the bedroom.  I promised "M" that I would put his drawing of a sloth on the wall! 

I received a call from my friend of quite a few years ago who had been through a year of chemotherapy and a double mastectomy.  Her name is Pam Espinosa and she had quite a journey.  She wrote a book called "Life Interrupted",  I have started to read it and I am not disappointed.  She has always made me laugh.

Another friend from church called.  She has a "Juicing" business.  We talked about some of the things she has learned about the benefits of the concentrated juices she puts together.  Sounds like I may try this as I begin to lose weight.

I will be honest and tell you that I am nervous about tomorrow.  However, God already knows what will be said and I trust him.  None of this is a surprise to Him and somehow that gives comfort.  I know there are many people, some that I don't even know, who are praying for me.  Thank you to everyone!  It means a lot.  "The prayers of a righteous man (person) availeth much."  God listens to prayer and he answers them all, even if we don't feel like it.  We just are not able to see the bigger picture.  Faith says we have to trust the plan even if we don't know it.  I just know the one who makes the plan loves me very much.

So, port is in place and healing nicely.  Ready to start tomorrow.  Amy S. at church walked up to me and asked, "So is the port all in place now?  How are you doing?"  I said I was a little sore but doing well.  She looked at me and said, "Well I guess that means you are portable now!".....That was a good one!

I hope to be back tomorrow afternoon to let you know how it all went.  Good or bad I will let you know. 

Dear Lord please steady my heart and the hearts of those that I love.

Love you all

Comments

  1. YOU KNOW HE HAS YOUR BACK AND YOUR HEART AND IS LISTENING TO ALL OF OUR PRAYERS, SO GO AND THIS DONE KNOWING YOU ARE LOVED BEYOND MEASURE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading your blogs and I am right there praying with you, all the doctors and the rest of the family. God is in the miracle business! Love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Seeking positive input!!