So, today was my last day of school for awhile.  My doctor told me that I couldn't go back after I started chemotherapy, which will be Wednesday the 28th.  This blog will be about the next adventure in my life.  A life that includes cancer, and a closer walk with God.

I am keeping this entry short this evening.  I just wanted to assure my students that this will work and they will be able to see how I am doing.

Yesterday I had a port put in which will be where the medicine will be injected.  From what I understand having a port is a good thing....so, yay for the port!  It was a quick surgery and I was never fully out.  I listened to the chatter of the nurses and doctor but I hardly felt anything.  The worst part was feeling quite sick afterwards, so much so, that my friend Carol had to pull over on the way out of town so that I could throw-up.  Not a happy moment for me.  The good news would be that I didn't get any in the car, just a little on the door.  Yucky.  Carol forgave me and my shoes can be washed.

I am sure that most of my posts will be all the good things that God is doing with me and my adventure.  My faith in God grows stronger by the day.  There are many thoughts in my head, some good, some not so good.  But what I am doing is filtering all thoughts through God's Word.  I am finding that this is what will sustain me as I get closer to chemotherapy and even still not knowing some test results.  I still haven't heard about my CT Scan and Bone Scan.  When I do I will let you know.

That's all for now.  Want to get to bed early cause we are all going on a Lucas Family trip to the Memphis Zoo tomorrow.  Very excited, never been.  I will put some pictures on here when I can.

Love to all, especially M, E, J, and G.  (only using initials when referring to my students.)

I think you can leave comments below.   

Comments

  1. YOU KNOW I AM THINKING ABOUT YOU AND SENDING LOTS OF LOVE YOUR WAY. BE STRONG AND KEEP YOUR FAITH AND YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS. IF PRAYER WORKS THEN YOU GOT IT MADE THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE PRAYING FOR YOU LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear the news. I am not sure you have hear of or are open to alternatives, but you could always look into Rick Simpson oil out of Phoenix. I have read amazing testimonies from a lady who has helped set people on a healing track. She is on fb. Also, the doctor at the holistic clinic my family is going to helped his mother heal from cancer after it came back 10 yrs later. They went after "The Root Cause", which is also the name of his clinic. He reversed his own health problems with Hashimotos too. Any how, I am sure you have a lot going on. Don't lose hope and know there is more than one way to get healing. Dr. Axe from The Root Cause also talks to people out of state. They have a Facebook site. So does the lady who has helped people who were given no hope and far gone. Praying for you and your family. Francie Jeffers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Seeking positive input!!