So, this is the third day that I have had Chemo-meds in my body.  I have felt almost normal on occasion.  The words that can best describe how I mostly feel physically are loopy, woozy, groggy.  I texted Ben yesterday and told him I was froggy.  Well, I guess that proves the point!  I have eaten regular food and had no nausea.  I have been drinking tons of water.  I can almost slosh!

This morning I was thinking about going to Walmart to pick up a few things.  I have called my friend Carol to see if she can meet me there.  She is my self-appointed transporter, encourager, emotional supporter,  checker-oner, and tester of the Loopiness Meter.  I told her I can meet her there but she is wondering if I should be driving.  Hmmm, we will see how this plays out!

With Carol's help we have already established a sort of gauge of my ability to converse with people, both to receive conversation and to reply.  The word snarky came up and that is what I decided to call this new system of verbal/emotional ability.  I am already feeling more emotional than normal and I have warned close family that my normal filter will not be operating.

1-3  Everything normal (well normal according to Vicki)
4-5  Feeling wierd, froggy, hazy but still happy, not sickly, but Snarkiness is loomy close by.
6-8  The Snarky Stage is in effect, a loosening of the filter has begun
9-10 Snarky Stage Alert, be on your guard, anything can happen here, including anger, tears or crazy          uncontrollable laughter!

This Snarky Scale may be updated as time goes on.

Currently, all band-aids are off and all I have are a few bruises.  Just in case you were wondering, all hair is still in tact.  I am told that is coming soon.  Then I am sure I will be on full Snarky Alert!

I wanted to say thank you again and again to all who are praying for me.  Our mail lady saw Dennis at his work and asked about me.  She said her church has me on their prayer list.  I think they are a Methodist Church, not that it matters, prayers are prayers.  I probably will never know all the people who are speaking to God on my behalf.  I can just say how grateful I feel.  This is how the body of Christ works, we are united by the Holy Spirit in us as we share in the good and bad days.  It is not necessarily  the prayers that make me stronger, it is the unity of the Holy Spirit that I share with those who are praying.  We are bound by the Spirit of the Living God.

On a fun family note, we recently had a little celebration because I will now become Grandma to a lovely Lucas Baby Girl in August.  Memory and Ben are expecting baby number three and I can tell you we are all very excited.  That makes four grandchildren that I have the honor of loving and speaking into their lives.  God is good.  He is a kind and caring Father.

Love to all,
Vicki

Comments

  1. ANOTHER GRANDBABY HOW EXCITING. SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO. WITH THIS BLOG YOU MAKE ME FEEL CLOSER TO YOU. YOUR FAITH IS SO STRONG, IT IS TRULY A LIVING THING. HAVE FUN TODAY AT WALMART. TELL MARY I SAID THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE FOR YOU. LOVE TO ALL LOVE MOM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Seeking positive input!!